Medical Interpreter Certification Courses
Medical Interpreter Courses in San Antonio
We not only offer San Antonio language classes, but we also offer a course that prepare you for the Medical Interpreter Certification. Spanish is the most common non-English language spoken in the United States. According to the Journal of American Medical Association, most physicians who provide care for Spanish-speaking patients are non-native speakers. We understand that as a medical provider, you must meet competent care demands, understand linguistic nuances, and comprehend complex statements. That’s why ILCSA offers Medical Interpreter Courses from native speakers using our communicative approach to education!
What do medical interpreters do?
- Medical interpreters use their knowledge of medical terminology and experience in the medical field to provide a vehicle of communication between individuals who do not speak the same language.
- Medical interpreters do not just interpret words, but they act as cultural liaisons between health care providers and patients, and therefore, must be knowledgeable of interpreting skills and of the health care system.
What are the requirements for this course?
- You must be bilingual in English and Spanish
- You must take an entrance exam
- A minimum of 3 students are needed to open this course.
Want to learn more about our medical interpreter program? Contact us at 210-342-2035. Your new career may be waiting.